Image Map

September 5, 2014

Classroom Reveal 2014 (Otherwise Known as I HATE Moving!)


Can I just tell you how much I HATE moving rooms!  At the rate I have moved, I should be an expert, but I’m not.  In my building, when you change grades, you move rooms.  Most of us are lucky enough to be able to stay in one spot, and I’m NOT one of those few. I have moved to 5 rooms in 10 years at my school, with the longest (and most favorite room) being 4 years.  It’s not the grade change that kills me, it’s this: 

The majority of my stuff!



My book shelves (loaded with books that we moved) and my paper station.


Most of my math supplies and some of my holiday decor.  


Yes, that is 21 years of crazy teacher stuff spread out all over my new room!  It only took us a morning to move everything because I was lucky enough to pack most of it the last few days of school.  I decided to put my units into plastic bins (which are in there somewhere) and that helped me a lot, especially on space.  I moved from the biggest closet in the building-it was big, like park an SUV in it big- to one of the smallest:

(this is tiny for our building) which was a whole different challenge for me!  That meant clean it out and pack it tight.  It took me 5 days to get this stuff put away (and a whole lot of Advil too!)  But I got er’ done!

Since I was moving grade levels, I also decided to change themes. That was the fun part.  Once the junk-um, I mean, teaching supplies-were put away, I started to decorate.  As I decorated, I loved the room more.  As I loved the room more, I began to “feel” the space and organize more and more.  So, here it is!  The “official” Room Reveal!  I’m loving it, and so are the kids!  


(Most of the Superhero products are from Susan Morrow)

The outside of my room!


And the inside.....

My meeting spot!


The calendar area.


This is what I face when I am sitting in my chair.  




Cute Cubby Numbers by Susan Morrow!



To the left of the cubbies is my desk. I don't really like this huge desk, but it is hiding A LOT!


My word wall!


My library with the computers behind it.  You can see the white monitors poking above the far books.  And, notice the fan.  It is a warmer classroom, so we need the circulation!  This week I had kids put some sweaters on, so that's a good sign!


The view across my room from the Word Wall area.


Great table signs by Susan Morrow


Birthday signs waiting for student's birthdays!


How We Get Home signs - freebie from a TpT Store.


Job Chart from Susan Morrow.  I made the star burst with Power Point.  


The board was all ready for Back - To - School Nite!  
Find Super Hero Giving Tree HERE! You can also see a peek of my rules, which are free HERE!


Super Hero Scientists!  Find them HERE!

This is also a product from another TpT seller.  It is editable and easy to use.
All ready for parents to take home a use to learn about our classroom!


Here are my essential question frames that I used in my other classroom.  What I did was create superhero pages to put inside! They work great!  You can download these for free HERE and HERE!

So, as you can see, I kept many of the elements that I created and used in my former room!  

Here's another look from the teacher desk looking forward. 


I have to admit, this was three weeks ago, so there are kids, messes, papers, crayons, markers and messy book shelves, but that's what makes it our space! I do like this room, and I'm coming to love it!  I just have to work on that closet space! 

And, so, with that, I leave you to enjoy your school year.  Let me know what you think and what you are doing in your classroom.  I'd love to hear about it!








No comments: