Image Map

January 3, 2017

Author's Point of View: A Video Presentation


Author’s Point of View can be a very difficult idea for students to get ahold of.  Let’s face it; third graders are not about thinking about how an author’s ideas and feelings impact a writing piece.  They are not aware of how they even feel about the piece themselves!  This is where we, the adult in the room, must totally stretch themselves!

I stretched and I have discovered some solutions along the way.  This is the first installment of a 3 part series on how to help kids discover the Author’s Point of View.  Part 1 is a video piece!  I was so excited to share that I recorded this video on a Friday because Thanksgiving Break was coming!  I knew I would loose the enthusiasm over the Break-and I did!  I posted this on my Facebook page (please visit!) and I had grand plans of posting this little ditty on my blog!  You can see how long that took!  Anyways, here it is in all it’s glory!  It is my first attempt at video, so the sound isn’t great!  I plan on working on that in the future!  But, the idea is worth the watch!




As you can see, my first attempt is, well, a first attempt!  But, the idea is so worth trying! 

Check back with me to read Part 2 and Part 3, both discussed in the video!  This works!  I’m so excited to see where we will go with this in the future!  With that, I ask, what have you done to improve student understanding of Author’s Point ofView?  I’d totally love to hear about it!

No comments: