Image Map

June 13, 2019

7 Must-Have Items to Make Your Bird Theme Classroom a Hit!

I had come to a conclusion.  I was no longer happy with my classroom theme!  I wanted my classroom to take on a different feel, one that would represent more of who I was, even as a teacher.  I LOVE superheroes and had used this theme for about 5 years, but I needed a change!  Watercolor is all the rage, but I'm not a succulent kind of girl!  So, I wanted something more "me" and, to be honest, more kid friendly. (Most kids don't know what a succulent is!) So, I dove in with an idea-Watercolor Bird Theme Classroom!  And, it was a hit, even with the boys.  So, here are 7 must have items for your Bird Theme Classroom!







1.  Table Signs



Watercolor Bird Table Signs

I just love being able to remember my table numbers!  Yes, because half the time I can't remember with so much going on!  These are designed to be placed back to back-so you get birds and birdhouses in this product. Simply print, laminate if you want, and staple them back-to-back.  Then, I used fishing line and paperclips to hang them.  That way, you don't even have to poke a hole!

2.  Calendar

Every great classroom needs a beautiful calendar (even if the month never gets put up!)  This is print and go ready with everything you need - days of the week are included!  I paired it with my Watercolor Bird Theme Editable Job Cards, which is make a really nice bulletin board-especially when you add the month!  Ha!!


3.  Birthday Display

This was so easy to use!  I simply printed out the months and stapled them to the wall.  Then I used my Cricut to cut out the banners.  I used KG A Little Swag Font (Free for Personal Use) to create the banner!  I then added the colors of the decor behind the banner to give it the punch of color you see here!  LOVE this!  


Watercolor Bird Birthday Display

Watercolor Bird Theme Birthday


4.  Schedule Cards  

I didn't have my schedule up right away this year and I paid for it with my students.  I tend to play around with my schedule till I get it "just right", so I always wait till it is "just right" to put it up.  And then I paid for it for the first month.  The students constantly asked, "When is..."  Once my schedule is posted, both with the written time and the clock time, I don't answer those questions any more!  It trains the students to learn the schedule and the time.  And, isn't that the whole purpose of having it posted!  As you can see, I didn't use the editable part, but it is there for you to use!  


Watercolor Bird Theme Schedule Cards



5.  Go-Home Banner

Our school is big on knowing how kids go home so I have embraced the Go-Home Banner!  I write the student's names on their go-home mode of transportation with a dry-erase marker so that I can change them if they change transportation.  Then, at the end of the day, this is how I also call the line-up order for going home.  I switch who goes first each week based on the chart and the students LOVE that!  Who knew something this simple would bring so much pleasure! 





6.  Word Wall


Everyone needs a Word Wall!  Student can access words they need easily and teachers can add words that students need to spell regularly if they are not already on the wall.  I use simple card stock pieces of paper under each letter that I have typed common words that 2nd graders need on them.  Then I handwrite words in as the year goes on.  Easy-Peasy!  


Watercolor Bird Word Wall


7.  Great Bulletin Board Paper

A great looking room many times relies on great bulletin board paper!  I grabbed this Pacon Fadeless paper from Michael's at the beginning of the 2018/19 school year!  It was the PERFECT match for this Watercolor Bird Themed Classroom!  In addition, I added white and azure blue scalloped bordette from Lakeshore Learning!  LOVE! 


Watercolor Bird Classroom Decor


Now, there are more choices you could add to your classroom!  Good thing they are easy to find in my Watercolor Bird Theme Classroom Decor Bundle!  


Watercolor Themed Classroom Bundle



All of these goodies and more are found in this set!  You could add the alphabet, number cards, rules, and so much more to your awesomeness!  There are many more editable materials in here too!  And, while you are checking it out, grab this FREEBIE!  


Watercolor Bird Theme Rules

So, drop me a comment on what you would add and any other ideas you might have about this Watercolor Bird Theme Classroom Decor!  I'd love to hear what you have to say! I'd also love for you to join me on my classroom adventures!  Follow along at Instagram and Facebook for all the latest news!  

Pin for Later


Bird Blog Pin




No comments: